I suspect I already know some things I could do to help with this problem:
- Giveaways - I've always been hesitant to do these. I do have some ideas. In fact, I have one I've been "planning" on for months. But I keep holding back.
- Memes - I was much more active in these when I started. Two problems with memes, though. a) I find myself losing time on the days that my favorite memes take place and miss my chance, and b) From what I've seen, memes mostly just draw readership to the meme post itself, not the overall blog.
- Interviews - I've actually had another blogger suggest this in response to a post I did last year asking about doing giveaways or not. But I let nerves get to me. I never requested any interviews (though the giveaway mentioned in number 1 would do best with an interview).
- Commenting - I've seen over and over that commenting it a good way to get people to your own blog. The problem is being authentic and actually having something to say.
- Reviewing very recently published or not yet published books - Who doesn't want to read the most current info, etc. out there? But I haven't really tried to get any books from publishers/authors for review. I avoid the pressure of doing so.
Anyway, do you have any methods I should be adding to my list? Have you had any of the same problems? Or do you have any advice for working past those nerves?