Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Familiar"


Title: "Familiar" from Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love

Author: Michelle Rowen

Publisher: RP Teens

Copyright Date: 2010

Print Date: July 2010

ISBN: 9780762439492

Pages: 32

Book Description (from back cover):

'Til Death Do Us Part...

For those who thirst for accounts of paranormal romance, Trisha Telp has compiled some of the most thrilling tales of forbidden love in this collection. First crushes and last rites; dark spells and bright magic; forbidden lovers and enchanted beings—and always , always hungry games of desire. Puckers up for a darkly sweet collection of ghosts, shape shifters, fairies, unicorns, vampires, and demons in tales from today's biggest writers of the paranormal persuasion.
Comments:

I actually made up a post-it note for this so I'd remember.  What follows are my notes (parenthetical notes are my current interpretations of what I had joted down)...

Cute. Short, obviously. Not a lot of depth possible. As much as possible crammed in. (Referring to depth.) Leaves a lot to the imagination. (I'm pretty sure I meant this in a positive way.) Good Characters. Quick ending. (Apparently I wasn't in the mood for complete sentences.)

Anyway, I had intended to read all the short stories then write a line or two about each one, hence the post-it note. As that isn't going to happen, I thought I'd share my thoughts on what I did read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.