Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #3 ... Mid-Event Meme

Mid-Event Survey:


1. What are you reading right now?

Skinny by Robert Burch (a MG book c1964)

2. How many books have you read so far?

1 adult book, 5 board-books w/ the nephew and niece

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Less distractions, more reading time.  Also, more time to visit around.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

I recently moved, and I had to sort through my clothes and lug miscellaneous boxes around yesterday so I could claim today for me-time.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Yes.  Moved away from them in some cases.  But, surprisingly, most the interruptions are my own restlessness.  I know I can read through a whole day... I've done it before just because... but my concentration isn't great today.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much comments from fellow readers and the cheerleaders actually help.  I'd heard that, but I didn't really realize how cool or inspiring it is.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

In general? No.  For myself?  I'm making a list once this is all over.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Make sure may day is entirely clear.  Have books, preferablly from a series I'm into liked up and ready.  Get plenty of sleep the night before.  Blog updates and keep up with the main page and mini-challenges more regularlly.  Check out and comment other blogs more. etc.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

No, but I'm definitely restless.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
 
No clue.  I'm just exploring at this point.

Books completed:

  1. Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
  2. A Bear for Breakfast by Jennifer King (a favorite)
  3. A Little Book of Baby Animals Illustrated by Yasuko Itoh
  4. No No Yes Yes by Leslie Patricelli (another favorite)
  5. I Spy Little Book by Jean Marzollo (Illustrated by Walter Wick)
  6. This Little Piggy Illustrated by Moira Kemp
Currently reading: Skinny

Progress (total): 493 pages + 5 board books

Time spent reading (total): Approx. 8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.