Saturday, April 10, 2010

Get the Heck Out of Here Mini-Challenge

I've already discussed some of these questions, but I'm answering them here as well for Jennifer (@ The Literate Housewife Review)'s Get the Heck Out of Here Mini-Challenge.

1.What steps did you take to ensure you’d be able to read as much as possible today?

I sorted through clothes, carried boxes upstairs or downstairs (depending on content) as needed, etc. that had been sitting on the porch since my recent move. I made sure I had enough reading content to last the day, and made plans for how the chaos of my nephew (2yo) and niece (1yo) visiting later in the day could be used to benefit me in the Read-a-Thon.

2.Of those steps, which proved to be the most beneficial to your day?

The nephew and niece part. Reading to/with them was fun, gave me some easy quick reading, and provided a change after reading a close to 500 page book.

3.Is there anything you might do differently next time?

I would have more variety in genres available, and more importantly I would have a series I've started but have several book left to go in available. I read one book after another better when they are part of a series...Even when it's a series I'm re-reading.

3 comments:

  1. I like that you read to others as part of your readathon day. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I agree with Jennifer about the reading to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading reading to others as an option in the instructions and it seemed like a great opportunity. Thanks both of you for hosting mini-challenges. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.