Saturday, March 6, 2010

Combo - Review: Kim Harrison


Title: Every Which Way but Dead
Author: Kim Harrison
Publisher: HarperTorch Fiction
Copyright Date: 2005
ISBN: 006057299X
Pages: 501
Series: 3rd full-length book in the Hollows series
Where I got this book: Checked out from Library
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: A Fistful of Charms
Author: Kim Harrison
Publisher: HarperTorch
Copyright Date: 2006
ISBN: 9780060788193
Pages: 510
Series: 4th full-length book in the Hollows series
Where I got this book: Checked out from Library
-----------------------------------------------

Title: For a Few Demons More
Author: Kim Harrison
Publisher: eos
Copyright Date: 2007
ISBN: 9780060788384
Pages: 456
Series: 5th full-length book in the Hollows series
Where I got this book: Puchased the HC (no DJ) from the local library booksale room
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: The Outlaw Demon Wails
Author: Kim Harrison
Publisher: eos
Copyright Date: 2008
ISBN: 9780060788704
Pages: 455
Series: 6th full-length book in the Hollows series
Where I got this book: Puchased the HC from the local library booksale room
--------------------------------------------------------------------------










Comments:

I waited too long to blog these. Even though I read them all in the same week. So much happened between them that I cannot go back the earlier ones. It's difficult to discuss them individually.

Not that they don't all have parts I liked more than others. Things I could have done without (the whole Rachel/Ivy thing is played too much in some of them). Things that drew me in (Rachel's connections with so many various groups and species is pretty cool, for instance)...

But I'm more focused on what will happen next. Suffice it to say, this series has had me on an emotional roller-coaster. I wasn't expecting to be sucked in.

I have since read White Witch, Black Curse, but it was read during a separate week (not to mention being the most recent that I've read) and will get a separate review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.