Monday, January 18, 2010

Book! Book! Book!


Title: Book! Book! Book!

Author: Deborah Bruss (Illustrated by Tiphanie Beeke)

Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books

Copyright Date: 2001

Print Date: May 2001

ISBN: 0439135257

Pages: 29

Book Description (from dust jacket):

All the animals want is a great new book to read. But the librarian just can’t seem to understand their requests.

“Baaah! Baaah!” says the goat.

“Neigh! Neigh,” whinnies the horse.

Only the hen knows exactly how to ask. But will she ever get her turn?

Open this oinking, braying, bright, noisy book and find out!

Comments:

I have a thing for books that have animal noises. Animal noises are what first drew my nephew to reading. He'd flip a "page" in one of his board books, everyone would make the appropriate animal sounds, and he would beam. Anyway, when I come across this book with its animal noises at the library, I had to check it out. According to the author's website, this book is for ages 1 - 7... She says,
1-year-olds like to make the sounds
5 to 7 year-olds can understand the puns
I had one problem with it. Goats don't say baaah!, sheep do. Otherwise, I enjoyed it. It was really fun reading it out loud. Especially at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.