Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof


Title:
Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof

 Author: Blaize Clement aka Elizabeth Clement aka Lee Silvey

Publisher: Minotaur Books

Copyright Date: 2008

Print Date: January 2009

ISBN: 9780312369552

Pages: 275

Series: 4th in the Dixie Hemingway Mystery series

Book Description (from dust jacket):

Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter introduced a winning sleuth in Florida pet sitter Dixie Hemingway, and the next books in the series, Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund and Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues, firmly established author Blaize Clement as a new star amongst mystery fans. Now Dixie Hemingway, no relation to you-know-who, is back in this fourth riveting installment.

When Dixie meets Laura Halston, a newcomer to Siesta Key, she recognizes a kindred spirit and believes she's found a new friend. Disarmingly beautiful, Laura confesses that she's in hiding from an abusive husband. Later, when Laura receives threatening phone calls, Dixie is certain the husband is the culprit.

But the more Dixie learns about Laura, the less certain she is about anything...and then matters turn deadly. As she tries to understand Laura's past, Dixie is forced to acknowledge things about herself that she has never faced before.

Fast paced and gripping, Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof is everything Blaize Clement's many fans have come to expect.

Comments:

I've been waiting to read this one for a while, and ended up checking it out from the library. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about the first three books in this series except that I enjoyed them (for the most part) and that Dixie and, I presume, Blaize are majorly-anti-declawing (written in such a way that made me rather angry, but I'm getting off-topic...).

So I knew that unless Blaize discussed the declawing thing again (thankfully, she didn't), I would enjoy this book. It was a nice quick read.

My only question, and maybe I'm just not too bright, is what the title is referring to. The Cat Sitter part is obvious. But Hot Tin Roof? Huh? I've got to be missing something so simple.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the title didn't fit the book, but it attracted me and this isn't my sort of genre. I like thrillers, not mysteries. Steve, however, likes mysteries. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it fits. I'm just not the type that always picks up on things. It has to be obvious. All her other titles are.

    Thrillers are okay on occasion, but I'll take a mystery over a thriller any day. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.