Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall / Winter Mystery Reading Challenge

I saw this challenge (Hosted by A.F. Heart @ Mysteries and My Musings) earlier this week and knew I wasnted to participate, but I'm only just officially signing up.

The deets:

This reading challenge runs October 1 - February 28

Suspense or police procedures and the entire menagerie under the mystery genre are all available for the challenge.

1 Paranormal or gothic mystery for Halloween (level of spookiness up to you)
2 Autumn/harvest/Thanksgiving related mystery
2 Winter/snow/Xmas//Hanukah etc related mystery
1 resolutions/new begininngs related mystery
1 Romantic mystery/Valentine's related (chocolate, February...) (level of romantic up to you)

Total of 7 books in all over 5 months for 1.4 book per month

You can sign up here.

1 Paranormal or gothic mystery for Halloween (level of spookiness up to you)
** Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
** Trick or Treat Murder by Leslie Meier

2 Autumn/harvest/Thanksgiving related mystery
** Back to School Murder by Leslie Meier
** Turkey Day Murder by Leslie Meier
** The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis

2 Winter/snow/Xmas//Hanukah etc related mystery
** Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier
** Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle
** Christmas Cookie Murder by Leslie Meier

1 resolutions/new begininngs related mystery
**Throw Darts at a Cheesecake by Denise Dietz - This is a book about a group of people who have resolved to lose weight.

1 Romantic mystery/Valentine's related (chocolate, February...) (level of romantic up to you)
** Valentine Murder by Leslie Meier

7 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks good! I will have to think about this when I get back home... this would be a prefect winter challenge for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mysteries too! i wish your blog had a mail subscription to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun challenge! Hope you enjoy it. I've offically finished all my challenges for this year (with two months to spare ) so plan just to read. I'll start them again in Jan.

    I loved all the Stephanie Plum books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila - That's what I thought!

    HODGEPODGESPV - Just tell me how, and I'll set it up.

    Sharon - I've got one more Plum book, and I'll be caught up on that. One more for the YA, one SS for the Sookie challenge - lol. Not quite there, but close. So I felt teh need to find another. =)

    (Of course I haven't finished with the 2010 Countdown Challenge, but one isn't enough).

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh I signed up for this challenge as well! Looks like alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GFDesignz (Jen) - I clicked on one of the blog posts of someone already signed up, just to get an idea of how other people were setting it up. It just happened to be yours - though I didn't know that 'til just now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy there,

    I was just checking in to see how you were doing on the challenge.

    I want to thank you for participating in the challenge and hope you found some interesting books in the process.

    A.F. Heart
    http://mysterysuspence.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-winter-mystery-reading-challenge.html#comment-6343279667610958931

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.