Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday (4/21) Teaser

It's technically still Tuesday (in my TZ), so, though a bit late, I now present this week's Tuesday Teaser!

Hosted by: MizB (@ http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/)
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • Share the title of the book that you're getting your teaser from... That way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Mine:

Was it D'Artagnan's imagination or did Athos's bearing become more military and more rigid at those words and his expression more determindly aloof?

D'Artagnan remembered the story that had come out of Athos's mouth almost a month ago, the story that Athos had told of the Count who'd killed his wife.

From p. 110 of The Musketeer's Seamstress (A Musketeer's Mystery, 2) by Sarah D'Almeida (aka Sarah Hoyt).

I've barely started this book, but I really enjoyed the first in the series—it made me want to read Alexandre Dumas's The Three Musketeers.

2 comments:

  1. I loved his The Count of Monte Cristo but I never did get around to reading The Three Musketeers. Sounds like an interesting story!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy!

    Tink: I did. And I enjoyed the 2nd in the series. And I'm looking forward to reading the 3rd (Whenever I can get ahold of it, that is... the local library doesn't have any of this series. Grrrr)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.