Friday, July 2, 2021

15th Annual Canadian Reading Challenge

I am participating in the 15th Annual Canadian Reading Challenge this year (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022).  Hosted by Canadian Bookworm, the goal is to read AND review at least 13 (for the 13 provinces) Canadian books during the year.  I typically define Canadian books as being by Canadian authors.  More can be found at: http://cdnbookworm.blogspot.com/p/15th-annual-canadian-reading-challenge.html.  


I will list my books here as well as linking to any reviews in the monthly link lists.

  1. See Where We Come From! (A First Book of Family Heritage) by Scot Ritchie (British Columbia)
  2. Glass Houses (Armand Gamache Mystery, Bk 13) by Louise Penny (Québec)
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...
  6. ...
  7. ...
  8. ...
  9. ...
  10. ...
  11. ...
  12. ...
  13. ...

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I've read any Canadian authors. I don't do a lot of digging into my authors' backgrounds. Most of my TBR is picked by whether or not a book sounds good. But this is a very interesting challenge!

    -Megan | Bookstacks & Golden Moms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading a book just to read it, and discovering it is Canadian. I also have some standing series that I've been working on that I already know are Canadian - such as Louise Penny's Gamache series or Alan Bradley's Flavia deLuce series. And then there are some publishing lines I know are Canadian... anything Orca Footprints or Rapid Reads, for instance. I know there are some Australian book challenges out there, and I've considered trying one of them (if I can find a good one), though I suspect it will be trickier ... different hemisphere and all that.

      Delete
  2. Jo, welcome to the challenge. It's a great way to explore Canadian authors and books. Some of your favourite series are mine as well. I do an Australian reading challenge as well, and have found some great authors from there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Australian reading challenge do you do? I'd be interested in checking it out!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.